About Club Competitions
The club holds two competitions each year, which members are encouraged to enter.
The autumn competition is "open" (any subject matter), the spring competition is a set "subject" e.g. "Sea & Coast" for the 2019 spring competiton. The competition subject is set at the club's AGM.
- Submit x 4 prints (colour or B&W).
- The max print size (mounted) is 50cm x 40cm. Note: this is a max size and not a requirement, so entries can be smaller if you only have e.g. an A4 printer.
- Prints can be printed on your home printer, they don't have to be professiosnally printed.
- Write the "title" of your entry on the back of the mount, but don't include your name.
- Usually bring your prints to the meeting 2 weeks before the day of the competition .
Digital Images Competition (PDI):
- Submit x 4 digital images (PDI = projected digital images).
- The recommended size is 1600px x 1200px.
- Save your .jpg files at 100% (i.e. no compression).
- Images can be landscape, portrait or other any other “crop” format.
- Name the image name with the subject of the image (e.g. steps-of-time.jpg), but don't include your name in the file name.
- Email images to John Cambridge (email address available via the club), usually 7- 10 days before the competition.
- John will also send out an email to all members requesting your images & advising of closing dates.
- If you need any help or advice on this, please ask! A club member can help advise on how to mount your prints or resize/save your images.
- Note: you can submit just "digital images" or just "prints" if you want.
- No problems if you don’t want to enter – just come along & see what other members are doing & listen to the judge's opinions as to the merits of the image. They are usually very kind & provide constructive feedback on the subject matter, composition & technique.
- Winning images & prints will usually get submitted to the next (regional) competitions (e.g. North Wales Photographic Association or local inter-club print or PDI competitions.